Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will you help me find a remote job?
Yes! We will help you find a remote job. That is the whole point of joining WiFly Nomads and what sets up apart from other programs. We'll help you find a remote job by leading you through a series of master classes and workshops that cover the most popular ways digital nomads earn an income online. Our team will be on available during the duration of the program, for support and assistance in finding a remote job.
Q: What are the dates of the program?
WiFly Nomads is a 3 month program (virtual + 2 weeks in Bali). The program starts 1 month before arriving in Bali via a series of virtual sessions, followed by 2 weeks in Bali, then another 1.5 months of virtual and online training. The dates are as follows:
Orenda: March - May (April 7 - 21st in Bali)
Nefelibata: May - July (June 2nd - 16th in Bali)
Ataraxia: July - Sept (Aug 4th - Aug 18 in Bali)
Q: WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE COST OF THE PROGRAM?
- We will be staying in hotels/villas, equipped with wifi and pool
- Airport Pickup/Drop off
- Welcome Gift Box
- Breakfast Everyday
- Local SIM card
- Scooter Rental
- Co-working Space Membership x2
- Yoga classes
- Limited Group Size
- Support in Finding Remote Work
- Industry Expert Guest Speaker
See below for a list of workshops included during your time in Bali.
See below for a list of online trainings available online.
- Exploring the Iconic Rice Terraces of Bali
- Visiting the Sacred Temples in Bali
- Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary
- Yoga and Meditation classes
- Mixers with Digital Nomads in the Area
- Attend a Local Fire Dance Show
- Sunset Dinners on the Beach
- Live Mastery Group Coaching Sessions
- Accountability Program Access
- Community Facebook Group, Exclusive to Participants (Lifetime Access)
What's Not Included:
You're pretty well taken care of on WiFly Nomads, but there are a few things that are not included. This includes:
- Food and drinks (but breakfast IS included every day). We do provide light snacks at varies times throughout your stay in Bali. Food costs approx. $5 usd/ meal if you eat out.
- Any personal shopping or souvenirs
- The cost of your flight
- Any additional activities you choose to do (but keep in mind a lot of excursions are already included)
- The cost of travel insurance, passports, and visas
Q: WHAT WILL I LEARN DURING THE WORKSHOPS AND MASTER CLASSES?
Entrepreneurship & Mindet (Bali)
The entrepreneurship portion of the program, is the primary focus, where you will learn how to successfully launch an online serviced based business, start freelancing or start your own personal brand. You'll learn all business fundamentals such as business planning, strategy and marketing. The Entrepreneur workshop topics listed below take place in Bali. Workshop topics include:
- Entrepreneurship Introduction
- Goal Planning
- Finding A Profitable Idea & Validating It
- Researching Your Clients and Competition
- Budgeting, Expenses, Pricing and Cost Structure
- Building Your Online Presence
- Finding & Onboarding Clients
- Pitching & Negotiating
- High Performance Habits
- Increase Confidence
- Overcome mindset barriers
- Changing your habits and routines to support your new lifestyle
Q: WHAT WILL I LEARN DURING THE ONLINE TRAINING?
The online training is a self-guided training via a series of videos and worksheets. Additional support will be provided during the Live Mastery Group Coaching Sessions and via the participant only Community Facebook group.
Tools and Tech for Beginners
As an entrepreneur you're a 'one-man' show. Our tools & tech training ensures you have the fundamental knowledge to get your business up and running. This 8-part series covers everything from creating your website, building an email list, video editing and more. It covers all the fundamental tool and tech that you need to know to launch, grow and promote your business.
Successfully become a remote employee with this 6-part series which includes everything from how to find and land a remote job, convincing your boss to let you work remotely, how to create a strong resume specific to remote work, how and where to apply for quality remote jobs and much more! This online series will ensure you're well on your way to landing a remote job - with confidence!
In this series we cover everything you need to know about the logistics of living the digital nomad lifestyle, from planning your first destination, to visas, taxes and more!
Q: What is the cost of the program?
$4,997. To secure your spot you will need to submit a $1,000 non-refundable deposit which will be deducted from the final price.
This covers the cost of the entire 3-month program. The most valuable aspect you are paying for is our knowledge learned from years of experience living this lifestyle. Our Founder is one of the most well known digital nomads in this space with her expertise being featured in major publications such as BBC, Fast Company, CNN, Etihad Airways in-flight magazine and more.
You're also investing in access to our high level community members, our world-class featured speakers and an immense amount of digital nomads who are already living this lifestyle.
Aside from that, there are many costs that go into running this program. We need to account for costs such as legal fees, overhead, costs of flying in featured guest speakers, staff, and ensuring everything is top-notch before you get there. We don't skimp on details - we have high standards and you can expect to enjoy your stay in comfort.
We truly believe that WiFly Nomads is an investment. We started WiFly Nomads because we knew people wanted to work remotely while traveling the world but knew they needed helping to find a remote job (something other programs don't offer) and needed help figuring out how to actually live this lifestyle. The cost of our program is the equivalent of other programs deposit. However, with WiFly Nomads, you pay upfront, but then you can continue living this lifestyle on your own terms, at a much cheaper monthly price than other year-long travel programs.
We make sure you are well taken care of. We don't cheap out and we go above and beyond to deliver an exceptional experience. We can't stress enough how important it is to us that every single participant leaves the program happy and satisfied.
Q: Do you offer payment plans?
Yes. After you submit your initial $1,000 non-refundable deposit, you can make two additional payments. Final payment is due 60 days prior to the program start date. Since we book reservations on your behalf in advance, with organizations that have their own terms and conditions in place, we can not accommodate last minute cancelations. If you cancel:
- More than 95 days prior to your departure date - any payments made will be refunded excluding your deposit.
- 30-95 days prior to your departure, $1,999 of the trip price and the $1,000 non-refundable deposit, will be forfeited.
- Less than 30 days prior to your departure date, 100% of the trip price will be forfeited.
If you are granted one of our scholarships the scholarship value will be deducted from your final payment.
Q: Are there ways to reduce the cost?
Yes, by applying for one of our scholarships. Remember, this is an investment so you can start redefining your lifestyle. If what you've been doing hasn't been working so well for you, now may be the time to invest in a program that will support you on your journey.
Q: Is the cost of the flight included?
The cost of the flight is not included.
It is advised that you book your flight a day before the program, to account for a travel day (depending where you are coming from), to ensure you land in Bali for the start date.
Q: Why Bali and not somewhere else?
- Bali is a digital nomad hotspot and there is no better place to learn the ropes than in an environment filled with digital nomads. By being directly immersed in this lifestyle you'll gain first-hand experience, which will increase your confidence in pursuing the lifestyle. You will also have the opportunity to connect real digital nomads - people actually living this lifestyle. The creates opportunities to not only learn from their experience but to connect on a professional level which can help with job opportunities. The best way to find remote work is to surround yourself with people who already work remotely.
- Bali is also the perfect location to make a life transition. The serenity of Bali allows you to re-centre and re-focusing on you. It will free you from distractions and blocks that often occur when making a big life change into becoming a digital nomad.
- Bali is diverse and has a wide range or neighbourhoods to keep things fresh and exciting. Canggu is more of a surfer town on the beach, where Ubud is more in land surrounded by the serene rice fields, popular among yogis and of course, there are other areas such as Kuta where all the tourists' flock (but don't worry, we won't be going there).
Q: What are the accommodations like?
We have high standards for accommodations (think hotel/villas) and want to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible. There are no cutting corners here.
Q: Am I guaranteed a job upon completion of WiFly Nomads?
We will provide you with tools, knowledge, and a network to help you prepare when making the transition to earning an income remotely. That being said, we can teach you all we want, but it is up to you to implement what you learn in order to have the impact, therefore, we can not guarantee remote employment upon completion of our program.
Q: Do I need a remote job to join?
Absolutely not! We are here to help you transition to life as a digital nomad, that includes guiding you in finding a remote job.
Q: If I already work remotely, can I still join?
It depends. The program is developed for aspiring digital nomads, but there are some situations where we would welcome those who already work remotely or who have just started their digital nomad journey. We welcome you to apply and will discuss if this is a right fit for you on a case to case basis.
Q: Do I need a visa to enter Bali, Indonesia?
We will assist you with this process based on your individual needs. However, for the most part you will be able to enter on a tourist visa, which requires no preparation on your end. Note: You may be required to enter from specific ports. A useful resource for determining your VISA requirements is Visa HQ or by downloading the Sherpa app.
Q: Can I join with a friend or a partner?
Of course! Just let us know and we will arrange accordingly.
Q: What's the application process?
- Apply. If your application is successful you will be invited for an interview. You will find out if you have been invited for an interview within 10 business days (this can fluctuate, depending).
- Attend the Interview. After the interview, you will know within 10 business days (this can fluctuate, depending) if you have been accepted into the program.
- Submit your Deposit. $1,000 non-refundable deposit.
- Receive Pre-Departure Welcome Package. Once you have submitted your deposit you will receive the pre-departure welcome packet which includes:
- VISA and border entry requirements
- Immunization requirements
- Medical and travel insurance information
- Packing list
- Submit Payments.
- Bali Overview and Program Itinerary will be sent to you prior to your departure to ensure you have a smooth transition.
- Join us in Bali and Become a Digital Nomad.
Q: What are My Chances of getting accepted?
We're dedicated to making sure you succeed at becoming a digital nomad. This means we have a lot to do and a lot to cover during our time in Bali. Sure, we'll still have fun and see the sights but we also need to get to work. We're curating a select group of professionals who are driven, passionate and ready to create a new lifestyle for themselves. In addition, due to the small and intimate group size compared to the number of applications we get, you're odds of getting in are low. For our first program we had over 300 applicants and only 8 were invited to join us in Bali.
However, don't be discouraged. We embrace diversity and people of all ages and backgrounds which means there isn't just a single type of person that gets accepted. It's the unique backgrounds that everyone brings as individuals that will collectively make up what our group becomes. If you are passionate and driven we strongly encourage you to apply.
Q: Do I have to stay with the group the whole time?
The program is structured, including activities that give you the opportunity to explore Bali and connect with other digital nomads, but you will also have opportunities during meals or evenings to explore on your own. That being said, don't rely on a lot of free time because again, the program is very intensive.