Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will you help me find a remote job?
Yes! We will help you find a remote job. That is the whole point of joining WiFly Nomads and what sets up apart from other programs. We'll help you find a remote job by leading you through a series of master classes and workshops that cover the most popular ways digital nomads earn an income online. Our team will be on available during the duration of the program, for support and assistance in finding a remote job.
Q: What are the dates of the program?
Sunday Sept 17 - Saturday Sept 30, 2017 (2 weeks)
It's up to you what you do after the program but during the program, you will plan your first destination as a digital nomad so it'll be easy for you to continue on with your journey yourself or with members from the program. Alternatively, you can extend your stay in Bali, which we encourage you to do. All participants get a launchpad extension pack, for free, which includes an additional 2 weeks of virtual support by our team, to ensure you start your digital nomad journey as smoothly and seamlessly as possible.
Q: WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE COST OF THE PROGRAM?
- We will be staying in villas, equipped with wifi and private pool
- Airport Pickup/Drop off
- Welcome Gift Box
- Breakfast Everyday
- Local SIM card
- Scooter Rental
- Co-working Space Membership x2
- Yoga & Meditation classes
- Limited Group Size (20-30 people max)
- Support in Finding Remote Work
- Industry Expert Guest Speakers
- Master Classes and Workshops: We have a series of master classes and workshops that cover topics from navigating the digital nomad life to finding a remote job. These master classes and workshops are core to what WiFly Nomads is all about. See the next question below for more details on what you will learn during the Master Classes and Workshops.
- Skill Sharing Workshops: Skill Sharing workshops give participants the opportunity to share their skills on a specific topic or field of interest. We will have each participant submit 3 topics that they "specialize in". The topics can be professional skills or hobbies and interests. The group will vote on the top topics they wish to learn more about and those participants will lead a skill sharing workshop. Other digital nomads in the area and working at our co-working space will also be invited to participate. This is a great opportunity to learn first-hand from people who are already living the digital nomad life.
- Un-conference: Participants submit topic ideas at the beginning of the meeting (nothing is off limits). It could anything from 'travel hacks', 'how to network remotely', to more random topics like 'why is the sky blue'. These topics are then added to the 'schedule'. The schedule is broken into 15-minute time slots or intervals. This means every 15 minutes participants get up and move to the next topic. At each topic, the person who submitted the topic will explain why they chose the topic and then the conversation flows from there. There are various topics going on at the same time in different locations around the room, so you pick the topic during that time slot that resonates with you the most.
- Networking Event: We will host networking events with the other digital nomads at our co-working space who are already working remotely and living in Bali. This is a great opportunity to learn and to increase your professional network.
- Exploring the Iconic Rice Terraces of Bali
- Visiting the Sacred Temples in Bali
- Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary
- Yoga and Meditation classes
- Mixers with Digital Nomads in the Area
- Attend a Local Fire Dance Show
- Sunset Dinners on the Beach
What's Not Included:
You're pretty well taken care of on WiFly Nomads, but there are a few things that are not included. This includes:
- Food and drinks (but breakfast IS included every day)
- Any personal shopping or souvenirs
- The cost of your flight
- Any additional activities you choose to do (but keep in mind a lot of excursions are already included)
- The cost of travel insurance, passports, and visas
Q: WHAT WILL I LEARN DURING THE WORKSHOPS AND MASTER CLASSES?
The Digital Nomad Lifestyle Course Topics Include:
- Insider Hacks & Resources
- Health & Safety
- The logistics of working abroad - where to work, ensuring you have reliable wifi, staying productive, managing timezones etc
- How to Plan Your Trips
- Overcoming Resistance from Friends & Family
- Finding Travel Buddies
- Booking Flights
- Booking Accommodation
- Setting up a Mailing Address
- How to manage bills (at home) while abroad
- Finding Places to Work
- Finding Community
- Insurance, Theft, and Corruption
- Overcoming Challenges and Fears
- Bracing for Change and Overcoming Resistance from Family & Friends
The Earning and Income Remotely Course Topics Include:
- Becoming a Successful Freelancer
- Starting an Online Business and Building an Online Personal Brand
- Earning a Passive Income
- How to Convince Your Boss to Let you Work Remotely
- How to Make a Career Transition to a Remote-Friendly Roles
- Resume and Interview Skills Sessions
- Where and how to Apply for Quality Remote Jobs
Q: What is the cost of the program?
$1,000 deposit plus an additional x2 payments of $1,999.
There are many costs that go into running this program. We need to account for costs such as legal fees, running test pilots on course materials so it's refined and top notch, covering online costs and overhead, and scouting locations before you arrive to ensure everything is top-notch before you get there. We don't skimp on accommodations - we have high standards and you can expect to enjoy your stay in comfort. We will be staying in villas, equipped with wifi and private pools. We also have to cover the costs of hiring professional and experienced staff - staff who have actually lived the digital nomad lifestyle. They're coming to work, not to find a cheap way to party and travel.
We truly believe that WiFly Nomads is an investment. We started WiFly Nomads because we knew people wanted to work remotely while traveling the world but knew they needed helping to find a remote job (something other programs don't offer) and needed help figuring out how to actually live this lifestyle. The cost of our program is the equivalent of other programs deposit. However, with WiFly Nomads, you pay upfront, but then you can continue living this lifestyle on your own terms, at a much cheaper monthly price than other year-long travel programs.
We make sure you are well taken care of. We don't cheap out and we go above and beyond to deliver an exceptional experience. We can't stress enough how important it is to us that every single participant leaves the program happy and satisfied.
Stay tuned as we announce our scholarship program!
See our list of what's included in the cost of the program for more info.
Q: Do you offer payment plans?
Yes. After you submit your initial deposit, you can make 2 additional payments of $1,999 at various dates. Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure. Since we book reservations on your behalf in advance, with organizations that have their own terms and conditions in place, we can not accommodate last minute cancelations. If you cancel:
- More than 95 days prior to your departure date - any payments made will be refunded excluding your deposit.
- 30-95 days prior to your departure, $1,999 of the trip price and the $1,000 non-refundable deposit, will be forfeited.
- Less than 30 days prior to your departure date, 100% of the trip price will be forfeited.
If you are granted one of our scholarships the scholarship value will be deducted from your final payment.
Q: Are there ways to reduce the cost?
Yes! For every friend that you refer that ends up attending WiFly Nomads, you get a $250 credit towards for the program. The more friends you refer the more you can save. We will also be launching our scholarship program, which is a series of $500 scholarships to go toward the cost of the program. Stay tuned for more!
Q: Is the cost of the flight included?
The cost of the flight is not included. However, we've partnered with Flystein, a personalized flight search service provided by some of the best flight experts in the business. With years of experience and a lot of travel hacks under their belt, they’ll help you save $$$ on your flights to come join us. There is typically a fee associated with using Flystein services, however, all confirmed participants in the upcoming group will receive a 100% discount for a Flystein Flight Search for Round-Trip or Multi-City searches (valued at $49). A unique discount code will be given to participants upon acceptance to the program.
It is advised that you book your flight to depart for the program on Saturday Sept 16, to account for a travel day, to ensure you land in Bali for the start date on Sunday Sept 17.
Q: Why Bali and not somewhere else?
- Bali is a digital nomad hotspot and there is no better place to learn the ropes than in an environment filled with digital nomads. By being directly immersed in this lifestyle you'll gain first-hand experience, which will increase your confidence in pursuing the lifestyle. With that, you will also have the opportunity to connect real digital nomads - people actually living this lifestyle. The presents great opportunities to not only learn from their experience but to connect on a professional level which can help with job opportunities. The best way to find remote work is to surround yourself with people who already work remotely.
- Bali is also the perfect location to make a life transition. The serenity of Bali allows you to re-centre and re-focusing on you. It will free you from distractions and blocks that often occur when making a big life change into becoming a digital nomad.
- Bali is diverse and has a wide range or neighbourhoods to keep things fresh and exciting. Canggu is more of a surfer town on the beach, where Ubud is more in land surrounded by the serene rice fields, popular among yogis and of course, there are other areas such as Kuta where all the tourists' flock (but don't worry, we won't be going there).
Q: What are the accommodations like?
We have high standards for accommodations (think Villas) and want to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible. There are no cutting corners here. No dorms, no hostels. We are also doing our best to ensure the villas also have pools and kitchens. We want to make this experience as close as possible to what it would actually be like living as a digital nomad and that means delivering on quality accommodations.
Q: Am I guaranteed a job upon completion of WiFly Nomads?
We will provide you with tools, knowledge, and a network to help you prepare when making the transition to earning an income remotely. That being said, we can teach you all we want, but it is up to you to implement what you learn in order to have the impact, therefore, we can not guarantee remote employment upon completion of our program.
Q: Do I need a remote job to join?
Absolutely not! We are here to help you transition to life as a digital nomad, that includes guiding you in finding a remote job.
Q: If I already work remotely, can I still join?
It depends. The program is developed for aspiring digital nomads, but there are some situations where we would welcome those who already work remotely or who have just started their digital nomad journey. We welcome you to apply and will discuss if this is a right fit for you on a case to case basis.
Q: Do I need a visa to enter Bali, Indonesia?
We will assist you with this process based on your individual needs. However, the following applies:
- Canadian - no visa is required.
- America - you will be given a visa on arrival.
- United Kingdom - no visa is required.
- Australian - tourist visa can be obtained upon arrival
Q: Can I join with a friend or a partner?
Of course! Just let us know and we will arrange accordingly. And remember, once you are signed up, for every friend you refer that ends up attending the program, you will get a $250 credit towards your program fees.
Q: What's the application process?
- Apply. If your application is successful you will be invited for an interview. You will find out if you have been invited for an interview within 10 business days.
- Attend the Interview. After the interview, you will know within 10 business days if you have been accepted into the program.
- Sign and send in the Participant Agreement. It's not as scary as you think, we just need to make sure all legalities are in order.
- Submit your Deposit. You will have 2 weeks to submit your deposit $1,000 non-refundable deposit. After 2 weeks we can no longer hold your spot and you need to re-apply to be considered for the program.
- Receive Pre-Departure Welcome Package. Once you have submitted your deposit you will receive the pre-departure welcome packet which includes:
- VISA and border entry requirements
- Immunization requirements
- Medical and travel insurance information
- Packing list
- Submit Additional Payments. (see 'Payment Plans' for payment options)
- Bali Overview and Program Itinerary will be sent to you prior to your departure to ensure you have a smooth transition.
- Join us in Bali and Become a Digital Nomad.
Q: What are My Chances of getting accepted?
We're dedicated to making sure you succeed at becoming a digital nomad. This means we have a lot to do and a lot to cover during our time in Bali. Sure, we'll still have fun and see the sights but we also need to get to work. We're curating a select group of professionals who are driven, passionate and ready to create a new lifestyle for themselves. In addition, due to the small and intimate group size compared to the number of applications we get, you're odds of getting in are low. However, don't be discouraged. We embrace diversity and people of all ages and backgrounds which means there isn't just a single type of person that gets accepted. It's the unique backgrounds that everyone brings as individuals that will collectively make up what our group becomes. If you are passionate and driven we strongly encourage you to apply.
Q: Do I have to stay with the group the whole time?
The program is structured, including activities that give you the opportunity to explore Bali and connect with other digital nomads, but you will also have opportunities during meals or evenings to explore on your own.